Monday, April 12, 2010

turkey haze

so I get up on turkey day with "nothing" to do, and since 3 days have passed since the tarheel 200, I push the bike outside. this is what I see:


cool, it's foggy again. 10 miles later, really foggy...


met a few creatures glad to be on the farm, but not the table.


I wasn't the only person out there enjoying the tranquility of the morning..



by now i'm really digging the fog and have posted to facebook too. i'm 20 miles out to the west and my sister is seeing the posts and inviting me to dinner...
they are 40 miles to the south from where I am by jordan lake. why not? 100k is surely a big dinner qualifier! tally ho!


the awesome views just kept showing up, I couldn't stop shooting. an advantage of riding solo I may ad..I did pack a "holiday meal" too. yummy, but not very traditional...






after a snack the sun broke, i switched lenses and kept venturing south on some new roads for me. stopped for a couple more pics, and rode the last 18 miles to beth and john's place.  I even had potatos (3oz?) AND pie! (gasp!) It was worth it, family and friends and food always are...





you'll notice this post begins and ends with the serotta in the photo. this bike is really special to me. we've been on some amazing adventures thus far with some really incredible cyclists who are even more important to me. here's to many more...

No comments: